1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text strings sent to your terminal (usually your browser) by sites you visit, where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same sites the next time you visit them. While browsing a site, the user can also receive on their terminal, cookies that are sent by different websites or web servers (so-called “third parties”), on which may reside some elements (such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to pages of other domains) on the site that the same is visiting. Cookies, which are usually present in a very large number of user browsers and sometimes have characteristics that last a long time, are used for different purposes: performing computer authentication, monitoring sessions, storing information on specific configurations concerning users’ accessing the server, choosing the page language, storing the shopping cart, etc.
2. What are the main types of Cookies?
In this regard, and for the purposes of regulation no. 229/2014 of the Privacy Guarantor, two macro-categories have therefore been identified: “technical” cookies and “profiling” cookies.
- Technical cookies. Technical cookies are those used solely for the purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communication network, or to the extent strictly necessary to the provider of an information service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide that service” (see Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Privacy Code). They are not used for any further purpose and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website. They can be divided into navigation or session cookies, which ensure normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate access to restricted areas): our site uses persistent technical cookies only to improve your browsing experience and allow you quicker access; analytics, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site; functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate based on a number of selected criteria (such as language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service provided to the same. The installation of such cookies does not require the prior user consent.
- Profiling cookies. Profiling cookies are used to create user profiles and to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user when surfing the web. Due to the particular intrusiveness that such devices may have within the privacy of users, European and Italian law requires that the user must be adequately informed about the use of the same and thus express their valid consent. Article 122 of the Privacy Code refers to them, where it provides that “the storage of information in the terminal equipment of a contracting party or user or access to information already stored, is permitted only on condition that the contracting party or user has given his consent after having been informed with the simplified procedures referred to in Article 13, Privacy Code, paragraph 3. Our site does not use profiling cookies, but allows the use of third party cookies (see below) if the user gives their consent.
Session and Persistent Cookies.
Session Cookies contain the information that is used in your current browser session. These cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Nothing is stored on your computer beyond the time you use the site.
Persistent Cookies are used to maintain the information that is used in the period between accessing the website, or used for technical purposes and to improve navigation on the site. This data allows sites to recognize that you are a user or visitor already known and to adapt accordingly. Persistent cookies have a duration that is set by the website, that can vary from a few minutes to two years. Our website only uses this type of cookie to allow faster and easier access at a later date.
First party and third party cookies It is necessary to take into account the different parties that install cookies on the user’s terminal, depending on whether it is the same operator of the site that the user is visiting (the so-called “first party”) or a different site that installs cookies through the first (the so-called “third party”). The first part Cookies are created and readable by the site that created them. Third party cookies, on the other hand, are created and readable by domains outside the site and whose data is stored by the third party. This site uses first party cookies of a technical nature, so, as mentioned, consent is not required, for this policy.
For more information about this type of user-based advertising resulting from third party cookies, please visit the third party sites below. At www.youronlinechoices.com and www.aboutads.info/choices/ you will also find information on how behavioural advertising works and a lot of information on cookies as well as steps to take to protect your privacy on the internet.
If you would like to know more about cookies and how to manage them, you can also visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Third party cookies
The Site also uses a live chat service to provide online support to users. The service provider is LiveHelp, please refer to its policy.
The Site also allows you to express your preferences through interaction with other applications (so-called “social”). For example, by clicking on the respective “key” on the pages of the Site, you can access your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Flickr profile and express, share or report your preference about the content of the Site. In addition, the Facebook Pixel cookie is installed which allows Webformat to monitor conversions that occur on the Site as a result of the ads that it is performing on Facebook. In such instances, and to know the way those applications are using your personal data, please refer to the information prepared by the data owner for the said application.
Furthernore, it is possible to register for MeetMagento events through the Eventora platform and make electronic payments, through the website.
- Facebook: http://it-it.facebook.com/about/privacy/– https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=it-
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie_policy – https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- Google Plus: https://www.google.it/intl/it_it/policies/technologies/cookies/
- Flickr: https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/it/yahoo/privacy/topics/cookies/index.htm – https://policies.yahoo.com/ie/it/yahoo/privacy/products/flickr/index.htm
- Eventora: https://www.eventora.com/en/Terms
Below is a list of the cookies most frequently generated by the site:
||Technical||Maintaining User Session||Session end||it.meet-magento.com|
||Profiling||Google NID cookie, unique identifier used by Google applications to store your favourite information||6 months||google.it|
||Technical||Used for the consent of Google services||2 years||google.it|
||Profiling||Stores your preferences and information every time you visit web pages that contain Google services||1 month||google.it|
||Technical||Recording preferences and browsing information of users||End of session||google.it|
||Profiling||Used by Google DoubleClick to record and report on your actions on the site after viewing or clicking on one of the advertiser’s advertisements to measure the effectiveness of an advertisement and present targeted advertisements to you.||13 months||doubleclick.net|
||Technical and Profiling||Google has established a number of cookies on any webpage that contain a Google map. Although we have no control over the cookies set by Google, they seem to include a mix of information to measure the number and behaviour of Google Maps users||Most cookies expire 10 years after your last visit to a page containing a Google map||google.com|
||Technical||Cookies used to manage Google notifications||2 years||notifications.google.com | calendar.google.com|
||Technical||Used to manage GPlus shares and social login management||End of session||notifications.google.com | contacts.google.com|
||Technical||Stores your preferences and information every time you visit web pages that contain Google services||2 years||accounts.google.com|
||Technical||Generated to check and set the language used in the session||1 year||it.meet-magento.com|
||Technical||This cookie is associated with the AddThis.com social sharing widget, which is commonly embedded in websites to allow visitors to share content across a range of networking and sharing platforms.||13 months||it.meet-magento.com|
||Technical||This cookie will allow you to see your current count if you share a page with AddThis.com social sharing||30 minutes||it.meet-magento.com|
||Technical||Used by the site to distinguish unique users through Google Analytics||2 years||it.meet-magento.com|
||Technical||This cookie is associated with Google Universal Analytics, based on the documentation used to limit the speed of the request, limiting the collection of data on high-traffic sites.||End of session||it.meet-magento.com|
||Technical||Used to distinguish users||1 day||it.meet-magento.com|
The data owner does not guarantee that the links to these policies will always be functional, and due to any possible updates that are outside his control, the user is required to consult and verify personally the text on the sites of the companies mentioned above. The data owner is not responsible for any malfunctions or conditions that do not allow consultation of the policies of these applications.
MANAGEMENT OF COOKIES IN THE CONFIGURATION OF THE MAJOR BROWSERS USED
The following website is provided again to analyse, in general, and manage your preferences in relation to “online behavioural advertising” http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
Please note that the deactivation or blocking of some cookies may affect the full use of the site or its operation.